Image Map

Fake me this Winter

Sunday 23 September 2012


614556_433791636672978_1768349806_o_large



Tis the season when the sun has gone and my fake tan comes out.

I am generally quite pale, I do get a nice colour when I have been in the sun however this disappears pretty quickly when I leave the rays.

Another annoying thing for me is that for as log as I can remember I have been allergic to fake tan... great hey! I have literally tried so many different brands from cheaper drugstore brands to higher end brands and found that every time I apply, I wake up in the morning with a red bumpy rash that stays on my skin alot longer than the tan does.

I have always been so envious of my pals that look radiant throughout the year with their golden colour , so I thought that I would have one last try and send out a plea on twitter if anyone knew any good fake tans that were good for sensitive skin.

One Product was recommended to me by lots of my fellow #bbloggers who all said it was great for sensitive skin,  was Palmers Cocoa Butter, Natural Bronze

Off I went to Boots to purchase......  I have been using this for about 4 weeks now and can happily say that I have finally found a product that I am not allergic to! WOOOOO HOOO.

I LOVE this product, and can't speak highly enough of it. I have used the Cocoa Butter moisturiser in the past which I have always loved and I can see that the same loveliness is also in this tan product.

As a fake tan novice I am not the best at applying evenly, so was a little worried to use a gradual tanner that you can't see where you are applying at the time of application. I was rather daunted at the  thought of waking up in the morning with big streaks across my body! however this is great, as the tan is really gradual and takes you a fair few days to get a dark colour, which for me, allows me to fix any streaks that develop over night.



The Product smells lovely and reminds me of the summer, it has a lovely thick texture that rubs in quite easily and doesn't leave you feeling greasy or heavy.

I would really recommend this to anyone who has sensitive skin or who enjoys a gradual tan product.

Let me know if you have tried this I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for reading! xxx













3 comments:

  1. I prefer an instant kind of tan! I use the St Moriz mousse :) Never used any other tan before apart from the Johnsons holiday skin lotion one, but it made me so streaky and I hated the smell.

    Charlotte xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love an instant tan too but I am allergic :-( This smells lovely and does not give you that 'fake tan' smell which I also love, I should have added that the the post!

      Ellen x

      Delete
    2. Oh are you! That sucks :( Ah yeah, I always smell of biscuits when I wear St Moriz hahaha.

      Charlotte xo

      Delete

Hey Lovely, Thank you for commenting

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter