Image Map

Things I love in the Summer #1 - What's in your ears?

Sunday 19 August 2012

 




 I know that this is a beauty blog and most of my readers are interested in all things beauty, as am I however with the sun shining it has inspired me to do a slightly different post. ( i hope you don't mind )

I want to do a series of things that I love to do/wear/listen to/read  when the sun is out  and hope that all my lovely readers can tell me their favs so I can try then.

I love nothing more than waking up on a Saturday or a Sunday, looking out the window and seeing the sun in the garden, usually my cat Pickle has already made to her sunbed for the day, the little sun fiend!

Pickle lapping up the morning sun! 



Sorry if you don't like cats... but she is a cutie!

Me and my boyfriend have a little routine going if the sun is out, he collects the sunbeds from the garage whilst I grab our books and the diet coke then we put the Ipod on in the lounge.

We both have pretty different tastes in music and have a rule that we make a joint play list in the morning, consisting of 10 songs each. We then put it on shuffle for the day (I am aware that this is pretty sad, but it keeps us happy)

I absolutely love listening to music in the garden and torturing the locals with my singing voice (I do like a good rendition of some classics)

My top ten this weekend have been, I wish I could put them on here for you but i think i would get done for copyright!

Check them out on Spotify, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Drinking in L.A - Bran Van 3000 

This song reminds me of being a young teenager and I love it, I used to think being 26 was so old!

 Euphoria - Loreen 

This was the winner of Eurovision.... cough... I love it tho, it's a real good sing along to song!

 Under your Spell - Desire 

This is from the soundtrack to the film Drive with Ryan Gosling, I loved the film and am obsessed with the soundtrack.

 A Real Hero - College 

 This is another from the drive soundtrack, I have also started hearing it around on adverts and things. again I love it

Dog Days Are Over - Florence and the Machine 

 Love this!

 Geno - Dexy's Midnight Runners 

I found this song by accident, it was on a compilation CD I downloaded. It has now become a fav of mine

 Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire 

 I love Arcade Fire, they are so easy to sing along to and sound so good turned up loud!

 U Sure Do - Strike 

 Love to sing along at full pelt to this classic

Ambling Alp - Yeasayer 

Love Yeasayer give them a try if you have not heard them they are great.

Skinny Love - Birdy 

I loved the original by Bon Iver, however ( I will get shot for saying this) I prefer Birdy's version..


I must get cracking now as we are going for lunch at the in laws in 30 mins and i have been distracted in writing this! 

What are your summer favs? I'd love some songs to check out next weekend so let me know

Ellen Hannah x

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I found your blog through BBU blog hop and Im following. I love your post, those are all great songs!
    I also host a blog hop every week, Monday Beauties Blog Hop. I would love for you to join sometime!:)

    Kelly
    http://www.beautyobsessed2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just joined GFC after finding you in the BBU blog hop.

    Pickle is so cute! I love when my kitty lays on his back and shows his belly like that :)

    Check out my blog at www.nicolereviewsbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed! I found you on the BBU Blog Hop! xo
    http://obsessedaboutbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank's for visiting! I am now following you too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. following you via the bbu blog hop!your cat is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Lovely, Thank you for commenting

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter