Image Map

Benefit Makeup Haul!

Friday 22 June 2012


My most recent purchases' have been from Benefit. If I am honest I never thought that I would be shopping at Benefit in my 20's, they were a brand that I used to love in my teenage years, I think this was due to the wacky (I am prob quite boring so I class it as wacky) packaging and names that they gave their products and because all my friends at school and college bought it and this made you 'cool'.

The reason that I went back to Benefit after 10 or so years was due to a colleague of mine (yes I have a boring 9-5 job and we ALL are insanely jealous of anyone who does any slightly creative/interesting job and spend our days moaning about how nasty they must be) she was getting married and had decided to do her own make up on the day, she had gone around numerous beauty counters in town looking at makeup and like most of us didn't know what she wanted or needed and was intimidated by all the heavily made up ladies on the counters gossiping and laughing with each other, whilst she was trying to pretend to know what she was looking at, whilst putting eye shadow on her cheeks... a young girl came over and said I'm pretty quite at the moment do you want to come to my stand and have a makeover? so over she went to the Benefit counter and from there she became a Benefit Junkie and has since ended up buying every product they do I think..

 I then come into the story, when she came into work following her haul she instantly looked amazingly different (for the better) I couldn't believe it and needed to know what she was wearing immediately!.... when she said it was all form Benefit, if I am honest ,I was a little dubious to go and try them, but try them I did and ended up spending over £150 on products, whilst I am now again a fan after all those years, if I am honest not everything that I tried was suitable for me. here a few examples....

 Pore Professional - this is a pro balm which is designed to minimize the appearance of pores, I think it is new and it claims to be lightweight and oil free, I was told that is contains silicone which smoothes your skin... I can honestly say that if,like me,you can't be bothered in the morning to spend ages on your make up,this is an amazing product,it gives your skin a 'coat' that is not greasy but very smooth which allows you to apply your foundation flawlessly, I even found that I am using less foundation! you also get quite allot, so although a little pricey, I defiantly reckon this will last you a good while... the cost of this is £23.50 which I would consider quite pricey but it will save you money on foundation and will last you a long time! 8/10 you can purchase it here



 





















Erase Paste - This product is a brightening camouflage for eyes and face and I was sold it to use under my eyes to cover dark circles,which I suffer badly with, it comes in a small pot which I just can't understand why they would put it in such a silly pot! the opening to the pot is very narrow (they even give you a spatula to get it out with! as if they knew this) you do need to get it out with your finger as I found using a concealer brush was quite difficult, and you ended up with too much product. Once the product is on, I think that the positive points are that unlike concealer it is very moisturising and does not dry out or crack under your eyes during the day, however for me I just don't feel it gives me enough coverage, I think that I need something with a more orange pigment to counteract the blue, this I feel just leaves me with an ashy tone under my eye... the cost of this is £19.50 however I feel that you can get better and cheaper products than this one.. Sorry! 4/10 you can buy it here

 











They're Real Mascara- Oh My this is the most amazing Mascara I have ever tried! I used to use YSL Luxurious Mascara for a False Lash effect which costs approx £23 and I vowed I would never find mascara like it however I believe this beauty from benefit has done it! It has a special brush which has a 'hedgehog' at the end which allows you to get even the smallest lashes; it also draws a decent amount of product out of the packet and covers your lashes oh so well! The only thing is it is a nightmare to get off unless you have a really oily eye makeup remover.. This costs £18.50 is a 10/10


 












So there you have my views on a small amount of the Benefit range, I am sure that I will pick myself up some more and let you know what I think, also check out the Benefit website as they have great makeup tips there too!

Thank you for reading Ellen xx

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:53 am

    I'm really curious about the mascara but I saw it in Sephora and they wanted almost $30 (Canadian) for it! Too pricey for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya, yeah I agree with you that benefit is really expensive and that is what put me off it for such a long time! I can say that If you love mascara this is worth a bit more, however body shop do a new one called black and curvy for £10.. I do think the benefit brush is a hundred times easier to use however the actual product is similar, hope this helps, don't forget to subscribe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, yeah I agree with you that benefit is really expensive and that is what put me off it for such a long time! I can say that If you love mascara this is worth a bit more, however body shop do a new one called black and curvy for £10.. I do think the benefit brush is a hundred times easier to use however the actual product is similar, hope this helps, don't forget to subscribe x

    ReplyDelete

Hey Lovely, Thank you for commenting

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter